For more information, please visit the Michigan PFAS Action Response Team website.
Water System Testing
As part of the State of Michigan's PFAS response, the Village drinking water supply was tested by the State on June 14, 2018. This test, and others conducted by the Village on the same date and again on September 26, 2018, indicated a result of "non detect", meaning that no PFAS related substances were found in the Village of Milford public drinking water system. While the State has not yet issued any requirements for further testing, the Village will continue to conduct tests on its own as a precautionary measure.
Drinking Water Resources:
- State of Michigan Drinking Water PFAS Testing Results (searchable database)
- Private Well Testing Information
Public Presentations & Additional Resources:
- Michigan PFAS Action Response Team
- Oakland County Health Department PFAS Resources
- October 4, 2018 Public Information Session Video (approx. 2 hours in length)
- October 4, 2018 Public Information Presentation (slides only)
- September 20, 2018 State of Michigan Presentation on PFAS & the Huron River (slides only)
- September 26, 2018 article by The Bridge "Michigan PFAS by the numbers: How much is unsafe?"